Heart Conditions Anatomical Chart
This chart contains a large image of a normal heart for easy comparison with important cardiac conditions. It visually and textually describes heart murmurs, cardiac arrhythmias, congenital heart defects, acquired heart defects, and high cholesterol and its consequences. Specifically, Heart Conditions:
- Defines heart murmurs and their causes. Shows coarctation of the aorta, ventricular septal defect, and mitral valve prolapse.
- Describes common cardiac arrhythmias (abnormal heart rates and rhythms)—tachycardia, bradycardia, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular arrhythmias. Shows the sites of common cardiac arrhythmias by section of the heart: sinus node, ventricular, atrial and junctional arrhythmias, as well as atrioventricular (AV) blocks.
- Defines and shows the following common congenital (present at birth) defects: patent ductus arteriosus, atrial septal defect, and ventricular septal defect.
- Textually and visually shows acquired heart defects—myocarditis, rheumatic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and Kawaski's disease.
- Describes high cholesterol, coronary heart disease (CAD), and hypertension (high blood pressure). Shows how cholesterol is transported in the blood, the structure of a typical lipoprotein (which carries the cholesterol throughout the body), and the consequence of high cholesterol: atherosclerosis, plaque clogged arteries.
Made in the USA